Friday, November 5, 2010

Calling all old and new Ransom fans!

It's been almost 20 years since our last recording of "Soul Asylum" on Intense records. And it's amazing how much we learn, forget, accomplish, gain, lose, falter, recognize and grow in to the people we are today, and will continue to become as we move with the ebb and flow of our lives.

This is Lisa Faxon. Former lead singer of the Christian rock group "RANSOM". How ya doing? On occasion, I'm reminded of the time I spent (10 years) with three great guy's doing what we loved most-playing music and sharing our faith. With a few pounds here an extra sag there, I can't believe there are people still out there (old and new fans) still seeking us out after all this time. Wow! Music is really timeless even for a short lived, humble, shy and slightly awkward Christ based band out of Southern California. However, not forgotten apparently. Which brings me to the here and now. Over the years, I would get comments like "oh, you're that girl from Ransom".  I would be made aware of our video on YouTube. Or  someone would stumble upon a website that displayed old photo's of Ransom,  interviews, comments, CD sales, etc. Yep, you can still purchase a Ransom CD on Amazon... Bizarre!!

The reason I started this blog was primarily for those who wanted to know where each of us are at now. Myself,  Michael (bass), Tony (guitar), Randy (drums) and Dave (our original drummer).  Frankly, I don't know much....I wanted to open a forum for all of us to let all of you take a lil peak into our lives and how we live them today.... To share our past experiences and what we hope for our future. I know my life today is sooo far removed from that time period in my life. But on the rare occasion that I'm reminded, it brings a smile to my face. I take fancy in that- for a brief moment in time, I lived what some only dream of.

So I invite Micheal, Tony, Dave and Randy (wherever you may be) and all of you to drop a line or two to those who have yet to forget who we once were.

L. Faxon

16 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    I don't know if you even check this site anymore. I see it was last updated in November of last year. It took me some hunting to even find it.

    Wanted to let you know how big a fan I was and still am. In fact, just yesterday I was listening to Ransom via my iPhone in my car. I've been revisiting many of my old Christian Metal favorites from years gone by as of late. My musical tastes now are a bit more discriminating. Even so, I've got to say that both efforts by Ransom STILL sound terrific!

    I've wondered why your talents didn't bring about more mainstream success. I felt the songwriting and production values were just as good, if not better than many of your secular counterparts.

    You sure could belt out the vocals! While I loved the harder and faster tracks, I appreciated the tender and softly sung ballad "Memories of You". It's probably my favorite.

    I never did get to see you all in concert being here in Tennessee, but I sure did wear out my Hot Metal Summer VHS tape watching the music video for "Lasting Love". It's cool seeing it has near 25,000 hits on YouTube!

    For me, listening to the likes of Ransom, Stryper, Guardian, etc... proved a very positive alternative to the trash that was everywhere in the late 80s and early 90s. I wanted to thank you for your commitment, sacrifice and servanthood all the while carrying on the work that you did. I am certain that worldly fame and fortune could have easily been yours had you chosen to go down that road, given your obvious talents, looks and presence.

    I'm in my late 30s now but find myself still listening to the "good music" that was popular when I was younger. I feel sorry for today's youth that has no understanding of artists who write their own music, compose their own lyrics, and play their own instruments. Instead they are fed a steady diet of unoriginal, studio-manufactured tripe that can't hold a candle to anything you guys did way back in the good old days.

    Well, I guess that's all I'll write for now. I'd get a real kick if I got a response to this post. You know, I'd say if you started a Ransom Facebook Fan Page allot more people like me would be able to connect much easier. I'd consider it.

    Take care Lisa and may God bless!

    Tom L.
    Knoxville, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just inhaled my food! lol Kidding, I just wanted to say how much you guys influenced my life and where a blessing. God can easily use a moment in time to literally shape our lives for His good. Thank you and may God bless your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listening to the second album right now. I've still got it on cassette tape. It's still great stuff. Thanks from the Netherlands.

    P.S. The Facebook page Tom mentioned is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lisa.
    I live in Brazil and I love your band Ransom, a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa I have been trying to find sheet music to a song you did with Red scarlet the song was "Why" is there any sheet music out there for this and if so how can I get a copy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would really love to know. From a life that was forever changed! PHIL 4:13.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, You're the best christian singer. I miss your voice. Como back please.
    God Bless You.

    From a Brazilian Fan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any chance of a reunion??? I mean, even Jacob's Trouble has something in the works...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure if this is working...hope all is well. Wondering if you are still singing, and if the guys are still playing....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa Faxon, its is really her?????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa Faxon, its is really her?????

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisa! Yes your fans are still out here rockin' the church! I'm now the 55 year old worship team leader at our contemporary/traditional blended fellowship of believers here in South Carolina, and we'll be covering "Only the Just Let Go" at an outdoor venue next spring! I absolutely fell in love with you guys and played my copy of Soul Asylum until the tape shredded! Thanks for the memories and message via awesome rock! - Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am STILL a mega Ransom lover. I've got older and my head is now shaven , to hide the baldness LOL. I have such fond memories of the band.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa, someone said that you are the best Christian metal singer of all times, I agree and say more, best off the best in all kinds of music !

    God bless you all, come back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lisa, your voice is striking, you are deeply in our hearts... I miss you a lot. great band that I grew up enjoying with friends. You are my favorite voice ..God bless you from a Brazilian fan....

    ReplyDelete